With the Do-Not-Disturb feature, you can automatically ignore or block annoying or unwanted calls and SMS. Do-Not- Disturb effectively silences almost all notifications while you aren’t actively using your phone. It also silences all phone calls by default, but you might want your phone to ring when certain important people calls.
How it has affected bulk SMS
With the directive from the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) on do not disturb. It has been enforced on the network providers to implement Do not disturb on all subscribers. In view this, Bulk SMS has been affected and we deliver messages to some network. For some hours, we do not deliver messages to MTN lines, but now resolved.
MTN and other GSM operators are currently working on their SMS delivery to all the numbers. Here is the update for this delivery.
Below is the list of the Delivery status codes returned by the operators and what they mean. To get delivery report for messages sent, kindly check your Outbox from your account
When SMS are sent, Message Delivery Confirmations are returned to the initiating Mobile Phone while deliveries are receipts that indicate status of messages you submitted.
We take out time @websmsng to explain your message status and the delivery code and what they indicate.
SENT: Your message was sent to operator, but yet to get a detailed report from GSM operator.
DELIVERED: Your message was successfully delivered to the recipients’ phone.
UNDELIVERED: Your message was not delivered. The recipient’s phone might be switched off or out of network coverage when sms was sent. Usually, our server retains the message for another 24hrs and tries to deliver the message before it is finally discarded when the phone number is unavailable.
UNKNOWN: Your message was sent but undelivered with no details on the reason for its failure. This unknown error could happen due to GSM operator’s server. This could be because the recipient’s line ported with an error. Attempt to deliver message failed.
- Handset might be out of network coverage when message delivery was attempted.
- Handset might be switched off.
- Handset might be roaming out of carrier’s supported network.
- The message might have failed due to suspicion of SPAM on the operator network e.g. sender ID relating to financial institutions or government agencies.
- Random unsolicited messages blocked by the operator
- Political campaign not permitted by the operator
- Same message sent to the same phone number repeatedly over a short time
- Absent phone number. The phone number might have been recycled after a period of no activity
- Low or no network coverage
- Battery too low to process incoming message
- This can also be generated as a result of PORTABILITY error
REJECTED: The message was rejected most likely because of Do Not Disturb (DND).
- Subscriber is on the Do-Not-Disturb list
- The provider could have blocked phone numbers in this range.
- Message flagged as SPAM (Mass unsolicited messages)
- Message flagged as SCAM (Messages with potential intent to defraud, defame or threatens social security
- Faulty or ongoing upgrade on the base station covering the range of the phone number
Delivery report is not supported by the route or the operator
Note: Sometimes you might get false positives (i.e. DELIVRD status but no message on the phone when the inbox is full or due to portability issues)